Saturday, March 7, 2015

A Prayer of Relinquishment


 
This is one of my favorite prayers. May it bless your Saturday!
 ~ Rich Greenway

 

A Prayer of Relinquishment
by Richard Foster
 
          Today, O Lord, I yield myself to you.

          May your will be my delight today.

          May your way have perfect sway in me.

          May your love be the pattern of my living.

I surrender to you,

          my hopes,

                   my dreams,

                             my ambitions.

 
Do with them what you will, when you will, as you will.

 
I place in your loving care

          my family,

                   my friends,

                             my future.

 
Care for them with a care I cannot give.

 
I release into your hands

          my need to control,

                   my craving for status,

                             my fear of obscurity.

 
Eradicate the evil, purify the good, and establish your kingdom on earth. For Jesus, sake,

Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful prayer! I will use it for my Lenten focus. Thanks, Rich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. Will share w others.

    ReplyDelete